Shift Supervisor for Baby Seat Manufacturing Company
Experience 2-5 Years
Start date: July 1, 2022
Location: Stoney Creek, Ontario
Pay: $20-$24/hr depending on experience
Nuvate Inc. (The Upseat Company) developed, manufactures and markets a new type of baby floor and booster seat (www.theupseat.com). In Canada, we’re commonly recognized for our appearance on season 14 of CBC’s Dragon’s Den. Since then, we’ve grown rapidly, and have expended our reach into the US. We’re a small team that punches above our weight-class, family-owned, and manufacture our products here in Southern Ontario. We’re ambitious, have tripled our growth over the past year, and intend to do this again this year. Our values – honesty, creativity, owns it, strives to be better – are central to who we are and how Nuvate operates.
- Open up building at 6am for morning shift
- Prepare equipment and molds for shift
- Oversee smooth operation of molds and equipment throughout the shift
- Manage staff of mold operators and assemblers
- Oversee quality
- Troubleshot issues
- Operate forklift to ship/receive and organize/stack inventory
- Occasionally picks up/drops off supplies
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Licensed fork lift operator
- Driver’s licence
- Some mechanical experience or competency
The ideal candidate will possess the following values (our company values):
Honesty. Always tell the truth. We believe in telling the truth over taking the easy way out.
Owns it. Owns the brand. Takes responsibility. Doesn’t need to be managed.
Better. Dedication to continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will also possess the following additional attributes for this role:
- Independent, self-guided
- Problem anticipator and solver
If you’re interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.