School Pod Teachers
Experience 1-2 Years
School Pod Teachers
School Pods Canada is an educational service designed to meet the needs of a growing number of families seeking alternative and individualized learning models for their children. We provide a hybrid model of learning that combines the best of public, private and home education. Our mission is to provide the educational infrastructure needed to educate small groups of home schooled children in a shared space with a customized curriculum. We’re providing school at home with a professional teacher. Each pod is made up of a small group of children, not necessarily of the same age or grade level.
To fulfill our mission, School Pods Canada is looking for Certified Teachers to teach the essential skills as well as enhanced custom learning programs to the students.
Qualifications & Skills:
- OCT or ECE Certification for Ontario teachers or the provincial equivalent for other provinces.
- Teaching experience of at least 2 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized and self-motivated.
- Superior people, communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to teach multiple ages/grade levels at the same time
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude.
- Knowledge of various teaching philosophies and styles.
- Teachers must have access to internet, a working computer and printer/scanner.
- As a condition of employment, a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Check
- Medical status will not be asked unless parents indicate a preference
Pods are situated in learning spaces determined by the families forming the pod. These spaces may be in family homes, home of the teacher or other facilities. The learning space will be configured, with the assistance of the pod families, to provide the necessary work space for the teacher and students under the supervision and direction of the pod teacher.
Teachers will be working with parents who tend to take a more active role in their children’s education and will likely be teaching in a parent’s home. Candidates must understand how to collaborate with parents and possess and demonstrate excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
We are also looking for teachers who have an entrepreneurial spirit to be actively involved in the formation of the pod. Teachers will be asked to help with networking. A prospective teacher can literally help with creating their own job by helping find families interested in joining the pod they will be teaching.
Pod teachers are privately contracted for the duration of a Term with renewal options for the following term. Each year is divided into 3 terms averaging approximately 40-60 teaching days per term. Teachers are expected to be on duty for a period of 5 hours each ´school day´ from 3-5 days per week and are contracted on an hourly rate that starts between $25.00 and $40,00 per hour depending on certification level and number of children in the pod. As School Pods Canada grows, full-time positions will be available as well.
Do you want to form your own School pod and provide a space for the learning group? An additional stipend of up to $100/Wk. is paid to teachers who provide an appropriate learning space for their pod students.