Sales Operations – Fun, Growing Company
Experience 5 Years +
Description and the Role
TRAK manufactures and globally markets the Ultimate Touring Kayak; the only truly portable sea kayak in the world. Because our kayak fits in a wheeled travel pack and sets up in 10 minutes, it can be taken anywhere, which gives owners the freedom to easily reach some of the most beautiful locations in the world!
Backed by its growing global brand, TRAK is building a hub in Nanaimo and the Gulf Islands for paddling-focused experiences that enhance vitality, improve wellness and mental health, giving people a deep connection to nature, the outdoors, and specifically the sacred waters of the Salish Sea, and bodies of water the world over.
We are currently seeking a genuine leader to facilitate sales operations and to join our headquarters team. This is an intermediate-level position with the opportunity to grow, both in responsibilities and compensation. We are looking for someone who has proven to themselves and others that they are a self-starter and have the view of the customer and the spirit of an owner to apply to an expansive role; from order and sales management, sales systems, and back-end systems maintenance and development to customer communication, in person, on the phone and by email. Because we are a young company, every team member’s ideas are encouraged, explored and then possibly implemented. You must be committed to being impeccable in your work and love to be in service of customers and the TRAK team. It’s just who you are.
You should have solid experience and intuition in building information structure applicable to a sales environment, and have very strong systems, organizational and communication skills. We strive to build and ship the best kayaks. This role is a “front lines role”, so critical to our success. Ideally, you’re a paddler or have kayaking experience or at least passionate about outdoor pursuits. Ideally you have the skills and experience to jump between basic sales management, invoicing and customer communication. The key to all of this is your passion to do something extraordinary. You are not ordinary by nature. You’ve been looking for a professional opportunity that can be a vehicle to exercise your passion and skills.
- Drive sales and direct the sales management process and system for TRAK sales, as well as camps, tours and rental operations
- Manage POS system, kayak rental software, invoicing and customer information systems
- Manage and maintain our marketing automation software, database of contacts, and methods of list segregation
- Maintain the shipping and fulfillment systems, including FedEx and eCommerce software / online store integration
- Partner with two key TRAK team members to help build the global community of TRAK paddlers, supported by events and our TRAK “Pilot” / Ambassador program
- Own the customer experience always
- Sales experience and capability, including familiarity with sales software
- Computer competence, including Excel/Google Sheets and database management
- Strong documentation, attention to detail, and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated to be an effective team member in a very entrepreneurial environment
- Preference will be given to a kayaker or paddler. We want you to have fun, and that includes kayaking. We encourage everyone on our team to kayak and get time outdoors. It’s good for the soul!