Manager, Registered Clinical Counsellor / Social Worker / Psychologist
Experience 2-5 Years
NeurAlive is committed to relieving suffering and transforming lives by offering an array of mental health services including counselling and neurofeedback. We strive to provide person-centred care at every stage of service, and to provide a work environment to our employees and associates that is collegial, flexible, and supportive of each person’s talents and professional goals.
Currently, we have a rewarding position for a Registered Social Worker, Clinical Counsellor or Psychologist to work from our Langford location supervising our neurofeedback program and managing counselling services for the clinic’s growing clientele. The position is full-time and well-supported by two administrative / neuro technical assistants and the Clinic’s owner.
Our neurofeedback program attracts a diverse clientele. Many are recovering from the effects of trauma, brain injuries and concussions, mental health challenges of all kinds, or navigating the stresses associated with diverse intellectual and physical abilities.
Neurofeedback is for all brains of all ages and so the successful candidate should feel comfortable working with both children and adults of different backgrounds, especially providing a culturally safe experience for our Indigenous clientele, who make up a third of our practice.
This is a rewarding opportunity to lead the expansion of mental health services on Victoria’s Westshore, and to observe the wonders of neurofeedback and the myriad ways your clients’ lives will improve, almost effortlessly. No experience with Neurofeedback is necessary and full training is provided.
- A Master’s Degree or PhD and Registered as a Social Worker, Clinical Counsellor or Psychologist in BC (mandatory)
- Experience and sensitivity in working with BC’s Indigenous peoples
- Two years experience working in clinical settings
- One year management experience
- Motivational counselling skills and trauma-informed practice
- Excellent and organized case and time management skills
- Leadership and supervision skills, able to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent problem solving, initiative, and management skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Reliable, flexible, loyal, and communicative
- Meet with neurofeedback clients, coach them in the process of neurofeedback and track their progress
- Be a point of contact for associate counsellors, support them as needed
- Support the recruitment and onboarding of new counsellors
- Educate staff and community about NeurAlive’s services
- Provide direction to Administrative staff
- Contribute to NeurAlive’s marketing efforts, building relationships with community agencies and stakeholders
- $80,000 per year starting, full-time
- Extended Health Benefits including Vision & Dental
- Paid Statutory Holidays & Vacation
- Unlimited stand-by neurofeedback sessions
- The chance to work for a growing and innovative group practice that will respect your right to medical privacy
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or start by booking a short exploratory phone call with us.
We appreciate the time and effort you spend on applying for this position and commit to letting you know within two weeks of the status of your application. Please note, only resumes with cover letters will be considered.