Part Time Snow Blower Operator
- Part time Seasonal
- Etobicoke, Ontario, 6 Peach Tree Path View on Map
- @Markland Wood Group
- Salary: $20.50 - $21.00 / Hourly
Experience Less Than 1 Year
We are a small local family-owned and operated residential lawn care company based out of the Etobicoke area. Working at Markland Wood Group is different from any other snow removal job. We offer more than just seasonal employment. When you join the our team, you instantly become a huge part of Etobicoke’s premiere snow removal crew! We offer guaranteed income even if it doesn’t snow*, competitive hourly pay when it does snow, and an environment that is truly welcoming.
Our staff are our greatest assets, and are valued, respected, and rewarded for their hard work, reliability, and dedication to their craft! We are committed to delivering the best in snow removal services to our clients. In turn, we give our team of snow fighters the best opportunity to succeed.
You will be responsible for performing tasks such as clearing snow with a gas-powered snow blower or shovel at residential properties, spreading ice melter by hand or a push-spreader, lifting heavy bags or buckets of ice melter into the back of a pickup truck, etc… This position requires the successful applicant to work on an on-call basis with irregular hours, often overnight, so an open schedule is a must.
Applicants must be available and committed to work with a minimum of 4 hours notice, at all times of the day and night, as dictated by the weather and operational response requirements.
Our snow season begins on December 1st and ends March 31st, so you must be willing and able to commit for the duration of the season.
- Safely operate a company-issued vehicle to get to and from client properties as directed.
- Operate a gas-powered snow blower and hand tools such as shovels to clear snow from paved surfaces.
- Carry and spread heavy bags of ice melter by hand or push-spreader.
- On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays.
- Guaranteed standby pay regardless if it snows or not.*
- Starting at $21.00 per hour for each working hour depending on experience, ability, effort, and availability.
- Consistent payment schedule.
- Eligible for cash bonuses for excellent performance.
- Comply with all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations.
- Previous snow removal or related labor experience.
- Ontario ‘G’ Drivers License with clean record.
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
- Must be willing to provide a criminal background check..
- Be physically fit, and able to lift at least 60 pounds.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from our location at any given time.
- Serious applicants only!
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
10 hour shift
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types: Bonus pay
Have you read the job description in its entirety?
Winter storms can take place at any time and of any day. This will require you to be able and willing to work at any given time, which may include overnights, weekends and holidays. Are you okay with this arrangement?
In the event of a winter storm, you will be provided with a minimum of 4 hours notice to report to work. We are located in Etobicoke. Is this feasible for you?
Due to the fact that you are ‘on-call’ and your working hours are entirely dictated by the weather, we cannot guarantee how many hours you will work on any given week. Are you okay with this arrangement?
This position is ‘ON-CALL,’ meaning that you will only be asked to work if there is a snow and/or ice event projected within the immediate forecast. Are you okay with this arrangement?
Most of your shift will be spent outdoors, and in frigid temperatures. Are you okay with this arrangement?
If you plan on engaging in other employment while employed with us, or have any other commitments, reporting to work with us in the event of a winter storm MUST take absolute priority. Are you okay with this arrangement?
You will receive guaranteed income*, known as “standby pay” whether you are required to work or not. The amount will be disclosed at your interview. The stipulation involved with receiving “standby pay” is that you maintain a perfect attendance record (without exception) within each of your 2-week pay periods. Are you okay with this arrangement?
If selected for this position, you may be required to undergo a criminal background check. Are you willing to provide a criminal background check, upon request?
Licence/Certification: Class G Licence with clean driving record (required)