Snow Blower Operator
Experience Less Than 1 Year
Please read carefully before applying.
We are a small local family-owned and operated residential lawn care company based out of the Etobicoke area. Working at Markland Wood Group is different from any other snow removal job. We offer more than just seasonal employment. When you join the our team, you instantly become a huge part of Etobicoke’s premiere snow removal crew! We offer guaranteed income even if it doesn’t snow, competitive hourly pay when it does snow, and an environment that is truly welcoming.
Our staff are our greatest assets, and are valued, respected, and rewarded for their hard work, reliability, and dedication to their craft! We are committed to delivering the best in snow removal services to our clients. In turn, we give our team of snowfighters the best opportunity to succeed.
You will be responsible for performing tasks such as clearing snow with a gas-powered snow blower or shovel at residential properties, spreading ice melter by hand or a push-spreader, lifting heavy bags or buckets of ice melter into the back of a pickup truck, etc… This position requires the successful applicant to work on an on-call basis with irregular hours, often overnight, so an open schedule is a must.
Applicants must be available and committed to work a with minimum of 4 hours notice, at all times of the day and night, as dictated by the weather and operational response requirements.
Our snow season begins on December 1st and ends March 31st, so you must be willing and able to commit for the duration of the season.
- Safely operate a company-issued vehicle to get to and from client properties as directed.
- Operate a gas-powered snow blower and hand tools such as shovels to clear snow from paved surfaces.
- Carry and spread heavy bags of ice melter by hand or push-spreader.
- On-call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays.
- Guaranteed standby pay regardless if it snows or now.
- Starting at $19 per hour for each working hour depending on experience, ability, effort, and availability.
- Consistent payment schedule.
- Eligible for cash bonuses for excellent performance.
- Comply with all safety precautions, operational procedures, directions, rules, policies, and regulations.
- Previous snow removal or related labor experience.
- Good verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, and with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (G class).
- Be physically fit, and able to lift at least 60 pounds.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from our location at any given time.
Serious applicants only!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.