Industry Health Services
Experience 1-2 Years
Not required to meet all competencies listed, however, the right candidate is expected to be highly motivated to learn quickly and be willing to pick up new competencies to ensure the best possible customer experience.
• Efficiently and effectively demonstrate all essential functions of an Optician (Eyewear dispensing, fitting, adjustments, job ordering, fitting contacts, etc.)
• Troubleshoot optical-related issues and handle customer concerns.
• Contribute to eyewear sales goals with an emphasis on great customer experience and after-sale care.
• Educate and assist patients on frame selections to ensure both their fashion and function needs are met.
• Educate and assist patients on lens selections to ensure their visual clarity and comfort needs are met.
• Perform patient follow-up’s and recalls.
• Quickly learn and process paperwork (digital & hardcopy) efficiently and effectively.
• Keep organized records of patient information on paper and on the computer.
• May be required to assist manager with basic bookkeeping and filing.
• Write and respond to vendors and customers through professional email and phone communications.
Sales Floor Maintenance & Merchandizing:
• Maintain clean and presentable frame boards and product displays.
• Maintain store and product cleanliness and functionality.
• Maintain an accurate count of product inventory.
• Keep the work environment and its furniture and equipment clean, organized, and functioning.
• Customer Service
• Optical Lens Edging and Finishing
• Optical Dispensing
• Contact Lens Fitting
• Optical Dispensing License from College of Opticians of BC
• Contact Lens Dispensing License from College of Opticians of BC
• Automated-Refraction License from College of Opticians of BC
• Experience performing complete sight tests.
• Required – Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Preferred – Spoken second or third language(s), such as Mandarin.