Experience 5 Years +
We specialize in providing anodized coatings on aluminum extrusions, sheets, formed panels, fabricated parts and aluminum castings.
We are growing and looking for energetic and dedicated people to join the Dependable team. If you thrive in a fast paced work environment with new experiences and challenges, then look no further!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor assumes ownership for the upkeep, repair and security of the company’s equipment and facilities. This position schedules and oversees a range of maintenance activities that allow for the safe and efficient execution of our company processes.
- Work with minimal supervision in an organized, tidy and safe manner
- Ensure that you and your team, work in compliance with the provisions and regulations of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario as well as company policies and procedures.
- Ownership of plant uptime from an equipment standpoint.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment essential to the anodizing process and wastewater treatment system in such a manner that this equipment does not place any limitations on the safe and efficient manufacturing of a quality product.
- Develop, implement and monitor a Preventative Maintenance (PM) program.
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair all mechanical systems and equipment in the company’s facilities utilizing in-house skills or outside contractors.
- Respond to breakdowns immediately and provide communication as to the issue and the repair plan. Source and ensure delivery of all the necessary parts required for the repair.
- Working with the Plant Manager, identify all critical equipment to the operation and maintain an inventory of spare parts to minimize downtime in the event of a breakdown of this equipment.
- Maintain an appropriate tool inventory for our operation within a clean and orderly maintenance shop.
- Working with the Plant Manager, coordinate the completion of special projects.
- Manage and hire subcontractors as required.
- Train, coach, develop and motivate your team.
- Maintain open lines of communication with your team, other departments, other supervisors and your manager(s).
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the business.
QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS
- As a key member of a small Management Team, the Maintenance Supervisor must embody the core values of our organization. Be people first, embrace an environment of mutual respect, use data to make informed decisions, relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement and settle for nothing short of excellence in operational performance.
- A strong understanding of the following equipment; mechanical systems (HVAC, make-up air, exhaust), heating and cooling systems for the process tanks, cranes, forklift and scissor lift, pumps, motors, piping systems (air, water, chemical), rectifiers, overhead doors
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Effective communicator
- Strong leadership skills
- High standards for housekeeping
- A “safety first” mindset
- Fair and consistent in your approach to dealing with people
- Goal oriented
- Accountable to commitments, both internal and external
- Have integrity – do what you say you will do
- A minimum of 7 years of maintenance experience
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Certified Millwright
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Anodizing or other metal finishing experience preferred
- Computer literacy required (intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office)
- Provide own tools