Class 1 Driver
- Full time
- Whitehorse, Yukon View on Map
- @Mercer Contracting
- Salary: Negotiable
Experience 2-5 Years
Mercer Contracting is seeking experienced Class 1 low bed winch truck drivers to haul in Alberta, BC, Yukon and Alaska. We are a diverse company with many different types of loads and hauls that require hard working diligent drivers who are adept at
• Valid Class 1 Driver’s License with clean abstract
• Off highway experience, including chaining up
• Ability to operate and load heavy equipment such as dozers, loaders, excavators etc.
• Possess a minimum of 3 years previous experience with winch trucks and/or hauling over-dimensional, low-beds, and other various trailers/equipment.
• Experience driving northern highways, extreme driving conditions, northern climate
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively
• Ability to maintain legal log books
• Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration
• Good judgement and the ability to react quickly in emergency situations
• Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment
• Experience with proper cargo securement and familiar with NSC Cargo Securement Standards
• Mechanical ability to make minor repairs when needed. Ability and willingness to service equipment an asset
• Canadian passport with the ability to cross in to the United States considered an asset
• Crane certification is an asset
• Experience running picker truck or bed truck an asset.
• References are required
• Visually inspect all systems on a regular basis and prior to each movement to ensure compliance with appropriate Standards, Codes, Specifications and Procedures
• Attend tailgate meetings in a constructive and contributing manner
• Responsible for completing pre-trip and post-trip inspections, completion of driver logs
• Must be willing to relocate if applying from out of territory
• Must be physically fit and capable of performing physically demanding work.
Please email resumes complete with references to… email@example.com
Thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted