Chief Financial Officer
Experience 2-5 Years
Join our young and innovative team in Vancouver, Canada!
Be a part of freedom-loving professionals looking to shake the medical space in the world where our main effort goes to improve the health and well-being of society.
The Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, deal analysis, and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance, and private and institutional financing, etc.
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Ensure the credibility of the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
• Take a hands-on lead position in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive project costing system.
• Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies, and regulatory action.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions.
• Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
• Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and consolidation, and reporting to the Company
• Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of director
- • Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- • Maintain banking relationships
- 10 – 15 years of proven experience as CFO or relevant role
- Experience within eCommerce
- Demonstrable competency in process planning and business support
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operations metrics
- MS Office Suite-Intermediate to expert level
- Understanding of business functions as related to operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to lead and adapt in an evolving environment
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude