Caregiver Live-In (Home-Share Provider)
Experience 1-2 Years
Description and Responsibilities
We are seeking for a female caregiver to support a young woman with special needs in her beautiful home in Powell River, BC, located on Sunshine Coast .
This is a live-in (home-share) position ideal for individual who is also seeking for accommodation.
You will provide in home support from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to following morning 9:00 am when the day time caregiver arrives. The client sleeps through the night (~10-12 hrs), you won’t need to be awake during those hours.
You will receive every other weekend off as respite.
Your Duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. A desire to provide person-centered support!
2. Personal: bathing, administrating medication when required.
3. Meals: nutritious meal planning and meal preparation, grocery shopping as needed.
4. Housekeeping: general house keeping; clean and organized home
5. Team work: effective communication with daytime caregivers and the family
5. Administration: maintain appropriate written records like communication sheets, medical records, expense records.
Criminal record certificate
Class 5 driving license
National Safety Code Abstract (ICBC driving record search)
First Aid Certificate/Training
English Language proficiency
Experience as a caregiver for special needs young adults is helpful but not essential.
- Your wage / fee is tax exempt!