Care Aide / PSW
Experience 1-2 Years
A professional home support service is looking for compassionate and professional individuals to join their team of personal support workers in the Grand Forks area.
This position includes fulfilling the service requirements for our client’s needs such as personal care, respite, cleaning, yard maintenance, transportation, and more! If you are an individual seeking flexible scheduling and would enjoy the dynamics of providing home care, we want to hear from you!
Home care experience and/or HCA certificate is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide companionship for client and respite for family members
- Plan and prepare meals and special diets, and feed or assist in feeding client
- Assist in bathing and dressing the client
- Operate ceiling lift and transfer client into their wheelchair
- Maintain a morning and evening personal care and physio/exercise routine
- Home care and cleaning
Qualifications and Requirements
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- First Aid certification (or willing to obtain one)
- HCA certification or equivalent experience
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain a high level of maturity and professionalism at all times and work independently.
- Records and communicates all changes to the client’s health and well-being on a google drive document.
- Strives to preserve the dignity of our clients.
- You must have a high regard for human life.
Wage and Benefits
Hourly wage: $20/hr plus 0.48/ km where applicable.